Saturday, October 22, 2005

Word metadata code posted

All,

I've posted the code that I mentioned in my previous post on Word metadata. This code produces the output seen in the blog entry.

The code is commented, including how to obtain the necessary modules if you're using ActiveState Perl. The PPM commands look like this:

ppm install OLE-Storage
ppm install Startup
ppm install Unicode-Map

Give the code a shot, and let me know what you think. As I said in my earlier post, I'm working on producing a standalone EXE via Perl2Exe, for Windows users.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
It looks like the link to wmd.zip is broken. I was just wondering if I could get a copy of it?
I'm currently working through a metadata project involving word, and it might help to answer a few questions I had.
Thanks for a great blog post. Very interesting stuff!
Darin

H. Carvey said...

Sure...drop me an email address where I can send it.

H. Carvey said...

Actually, I take that back...check out the Perl module linked in this blog entry:

http://windowsir.blogspot.com/2006/02/quoted.html